As part of the terms and conditions for connection, and in the interests of other Users connected to the Distribution Network, the Distribution Code specifies the technical requirements which must be complied with by Users connecting and operating their equipment on premises connected to Westpower’s Distribution Network.
The Distribution Code covers three broad areas:
- technical requirements for connection
- requirements for operational contact
- requirements for long-term planning.
It is also a statement of assurance to the Users of the network as to how they can expect the network to be operated and managed.
In addition to complying with the Distribution Code, Users of the Distribution Network will be required to comply with the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010 and any amendments thereof, and Codes of Practices promulgated under these Regulations.
The Distribution Code is primarily a technical document and is to be read in conjunction with:
- Westpower’s Electricity Pricing Schedule
- Westpower’s Connection Agreements as appropriate
- Westpower’s Use of System Agreement with electricity retailers
The Distribution Code comprises a Network Connection Code, a Network Operating Code, Contingency Planning, System Tests and Embedded Generation.