Connecting to our Network

This section tells you how to get electricity connected for your customers – whether it be to a new house, new subdivision, industrial site or a new dairy shed.

You can also arrange for alterations to a power supply or relocation of existing lines.


Moving to an Existing Property

If a customer is moving to an existing property, they need to make contact with an Electricity Retailer. To help with this Consumer NZ has provided an online service to work out which power company and pricing plan is best suited.

Click the following link to go to the Consumer Power Switch website.


Connecting a New Property or making an Alteration to an Existing Service

For new connections or alterations please see How to Get Connected.


New Supply requiring an Extension or Alteration to Westpower’s Network

If a new supply is going to require a new power line or transformer please refer to Network Extension Process.