Connecting to our Network

If you are an electricity consumer, this section of our site tells you how to get power connected to your property – whether it be to a new house, development or a new dairy shed.

You can also find out how to arrange alterations to your power supply or relocation of existing lines.

Moving to an Existing Property

If you're moving to an existing property you need to make contact with an Electricity Retailer. You can continue to be connected via the existing Electricity Retailer, or choose another provider if you wish.

To help you with this Consumer NZ has provided an online service to work out which power company and pricing plan is best for you.

Click the following link to go to the Consumer Power Switch website.

Connecting a New Property or making an Alteration to an Existing Service

For new connections or alterations please see How to Get Connected.